OUTSTANDING JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Come help us help the schools!!!!
At Virco our values are Voice, Dignity, Fairness, Leadership and Merit. We give every employee a voice, and treat them with dignity and fairness. In return we expect them to be a leader and then reward them on merit. Lots of companies talk about taking their values to heart. At Virco, our values are our heart.
We are the nation’s leading manufacturer of educational and commercial furniture and are located in Torrance, California. Virco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We encourage minority and female applicants.
We are growing and are currently have several different job opportunities. We offer a competitive salary, a complete insurance package, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401(k). Please understand that the job information given here is simply a summary. A complete job description is available upon request.
If you are interested in a position where you will make a significant contribution to a team, apply directly to our career center:
Review list of Job Postings
Select a JOB POSTING
This is a safety sensitive position.
Installs, services, and repairs furniture at customer sites.
- Installs, services, and repairs furniture at customer sites utilizing manuals and manufacturer instructions.
- Conducts repairs, troubleshoots, and overhauls various kinds of furniture for educational and/or commercial facilities.
- Maintains tools, equipment, etc.
- Supplies basic and develops advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Follows safety practices to safeguard against injury and damage to property.
- Assembles in an efficient and organized manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works overtime as required.
- Must be able to operate a navigation system
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have six months to two years of prior experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or travel through various locations according to work assignment.
- Must be able to participate in a team working environment.
- Must be an organized, self starter.
- Must have excellent team skills, be flexible, and be able to meet and maintain performance standards.
- Must display the applicable level of “Job-Critical Skills”: communications, judgment/decision making, safety, quality of work, initiative, teamwork, flexibility, leadership, service, motivation, planning/organizing, and job knowledge/skills development.
- Have detail communication with both Manager and customer at site.
- Must have experience with hand tools.
- Must be flexible with required working hours, including overtime.
- Must be flexible within the department and willing to flex to other departments as needed.
Must be able to lift up to 70lbs to waist and above shoulder level and to do minimal pushing and pulling. Frequent bending and stooping under desks, tables, cabinets, or confined spaces is required. Will be working out in the field at various work assignment locations. Must be able to operate hand and power tools, such as a drill or screwdriver. Must be able to work in and adjust to varying temperatures and associated environmental factors and adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.